Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Platform for HMC

Is there a supplier out there that sells generic expanded metal platforms that are suitable for hefty HMC operators to jumping jacks on?

Our current HMC, an Okuma, has a platform by the door and operator panel and we have a sketchy homemade one in front of the pallet changer. We bought 2 new Enshus which have no built in platform by the door and an even greater height from the floor to the pallet changer. I'd like something with casters and brakes. And anything store bought will look a lot nicer than what we cobble up. 

35 minutes ago, Tim Johnson said:

...I know of one company that built a wood platform around a 800mm Mazak horizontal. I liked that platform better than our tread plate. It felt like it would be easier on the feet and knees.

If we did that our guys would put a couple chairs and grill on it and get even less work done.:lol:

The ones I have experience with are all made custom. Having something ready made would be sweet, but it would be tough to have a "one size fits most" solution for it. 

A heavy duty version of this would be great for moving it. I am not a fan of lock casters as it seems that when you need it, they never stay locked.

http://www.rockler.com/workbench-caster-kit-4-pack?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_content=pla&utm_campaign=PL&sid=V9146&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIufGxorXD1wIVXp7ACh3axAixEAQYBCABEgLAyPD_BwE

Another option to make the Grainger ones mobile is to put 4 trailer jacks with wheels on the corners. Then you can just set it down in place. We did that with a large band saw and a Bridgeport at a shop where they got used frequently but once a week or so, they had to get moved out of the way for some large equipment to get brought into/out of the shop.

Gcode's shop has some 5 foot tall platforms around their high end okumas. The floor metal is some kind of flared-hole pattern. Much less aggressive than what Haas uses on their steps (hard on my knees, cause your feet stick), but more aggressive than diamond plate.

2 minutes ago, JParis said:

4mBSSNh.jpg

My daughter is experiencing her first Christmas this year a broke-arsed military wife.

She asked if she could borrow my sawsall and cordless drill, and have some old skids I had out in the barn. I said sure.

She broke the skids down, assembled and painted up a bunch of Christmas decorations. Trees, snowmen, etc...

Being a supportive father I said, awe, that snowman is cute. She said, glad you like it cause one of them is yours.:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...