Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 Axis OD Groove

cincy k

I am trying to finish the OD groove on this part. If you look at the attached file from the A90 view you will see the ball mill contact points I am roughly trying to achieve. I have a chain setup that I feel closely represents using from chain to drive the path. I am trying to do a stepover of some nominal, roughly .003", amount anywhere the tool contacts the surfaces in between the .005" radii. I would like to use tool 2. I was thinking using 5 axis morph or parallel but I am having trouble trying to get exactly what I want. Any help? Suggestions?

TEMP.mcam

I changed it to a fixed axis and then used the Angle of the chamfer for part of my control. To cut that in one operation is possible with the toolpath you choose, but you have to work at it a little bit. Might revert back to Old school 5 Axis flowline and use some Vectors and see what that will yeild you is push comes to shove.