Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Model Prep Tips

crazy^millman

I have been using Model Prep a lot and today I figured out a new way to use it I thought I would share. Customer wants to add a .25R to a part with a sharp corner. With the Christmas  Holiday engineering says be after the 1st to get the model changed and back, but still wants the part done by the 2nd.  I told the customer no worries I will make the changes and we are good. I wanted to add a simple .25R to the shape, but it was not working due to intersecting holes and other features. I then copied the model to a different level and then used Model Prep to remove all the holes. I was sitting here thinking how can I easily make the new model. It dawned on me the create ability with Model prep with Modify. I went back to my original solid on the level, but kept my copy level the active level and turned it off. I then picked all the same features and created solid bodies. I have now extended them using Model Prep Push Pull to make them part the solid with the add fillets. I will then do a Boolean Remove. I now have the solid like I wanted in about 3 minutes worth of work. No wireframe or anything and done.

Others have things they would like to share about Model Prep please add them to this thread.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

When using push and pull, knowing fully how to take advantage of the dynamic gnomon helps hugely.  Sometimes to execute a move you need to flip back and forth between moving the gnomon and moving the feature.  Removing or sliding features out of the way and then putting them back after push and pull can also help with complicated geometry.

• Like 1