Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

UMC 750 Post and/or Operation Help

Alex Kellerton

Hi guys, 

I'm about to lose it because I don't know how to lock my B-axis for a dynamic multi-axis roughing op. I have a part that I'm programming and the owners want me to utilize 5 axis toolpaths for roughing. I made a swarf for the undercuts that posts correctly, and even a triangular mesh constant cusp toolpath for finishing the floors that posts correctly. The two that post right keep it simple and move only the B-axis. Problem is the dynamic wants to post B and C which I'm sure is fine but now its hitting my B- limits. Does anybody have any idea to possibly lock the C-axis? I figure since the swarf works then so should my dynamic. 

Sorry I'm having a difficult time wording this right but here's some pictures of the two ops that work, and the one that doesn't.

THANK YOU x1000000!

MATERIAL IS Ti 6AL-4V.

TRIMESH.PNG

TOP VIEW.PNG

SWARF.PNG

You cannot switch that toolpath to only do 4 Axis. You might look at doing a toolpath using this to make NCI and then try to use the convert to 5 Axis to see if you can trick it to a 4 Axis output. Yes I know it sounds odd take a 5 Axis toolpath and covert it to 4 Axis, but maybe that is the way you trick the software into doing what you are needing.