Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need helps with Heidenhain Control

Tinhman

Good morning Guys,

I would like to send my tool home in Z-axis and X Y to a fixed location (x-19.5 Y+11.5 and always calculate from center of my machine) before any rotation move.

Can any one give me a sample code for this in Heidenhain control.

Thank you in advance.

You will have to  use  the  machine  coordinate output as your secondary coordinate viewing  system  to find out what machine coords the XY point is ( so that it always stays the same no matter what your work origin is).  I am going to guess that your machine coordinate system is Z negative  when  moving away from the spindle so I'll go with a Z-5 for that . That is 5 mm  from the machine limit  or Z-0.2 inch. the other two coordinates , you'll have to find out , 

but the  line  goes L X xxxx Y yyyy Z -0.2 M91 FMAX  - , where the crucial thing here is the M91 

Gracjan

Use "M140 MB MAX" to send the tool home. It moves the tool home in the tool axis, to the limit.

You can also use M140 with a distance, but in this case "MAX" tells it to go as far as it can.

And as previously mentioned, M91 is the "machine reference" code.

J

• Thanks 1