Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G68.1 3D COORDINATE ROTATION

SRD93PGT

Ok so I am an Mazak Integrex guru.....I now have the pleasure of programming a Mori NT1000.  I have figured out a lot so far and I can take my knowledge of the Mazaks and get some things to work on this.  One thing I am struggling with is the G68.1 and milling at 90 degrees on the main spindle.  You would think this would be easy and it is if I forget about the B axis and treat it like a 4 axis lathe.  What I mean by that is I have an end mill cutting a flat on part in the X direction using Y to come across.  The program would be X0.500 for the "depth" of the flat.  Ok I get it and nothing new, I like to keep my code clean.  So this Mori has the G68.1 3D coordinate rotation.  So form past experience anytime I bought up a tool and treated it as a milling tool I would command a rotation of the plane and attacked the part no problem!  I could be 137 degrees to 6.5 degrees to 195 degrees on the sub.  Code was simple and you programmed is like any mill.  X,Y,Z...Z for depth of the tool.  That was on the Mazaks, this thing here.....WTF  Ok so G68.1 works on every angle fine except for 90.  So if I bring a tool up and command G68X0.Y0.Z0.I0J1K0R90.  and I am going to mill a flat on a OD of a part say.  X1.0 Y1.0Z.5, this thing wants to travel to china!.. I mean it gets to the OD of the part and still has 10.0" to go roughly.  Am I crazy to think this rotation should work no matter what angle?  I like to keep the code simple, so anytime the upper head is milling you treat it like a mill not like a 4 axis lathe.  I hope this makes sense to you guys and any information would be appreciated.