Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5axis z post???

i just started to learn 5axis and my question is how do i edit the post from my z center of the trunion to the top of the part? or do u guys use plane (z .125 + fixture to the top of the part) or edit the post?. ex. if i face top of the part, my post output is z0 but the programmer at my shop post it at 5.1234. i asked him how he did it; he refused to help me by saying " its a secret." 

background: i went to college and the instrustor did not covered about posting. i bought books from emastercam and it didnt even cover anything about posting. thank you. i would appreciated if u help. 

Your programming process control your Z not our post per say. If they are programming from the center of the 5th Axis then you program accordingly. If your Zero is 5.1234 from the top of the part then you make that your WCS point for all your 5 Axis programming for all your planes and all your operations and you are done. If you have a post that adjust based off of some imaginary place in space then someone is doing it wrong and it is secret because they don't know the correct way to use and program in Mastercam.

Point you know where is Zero is at and your done and the last thing you should need to worry about is adjusting a post for the company you work. If they have a proven and good post then you should be able to take that make your program post code and go run it on the machine. If you cannot then you need to talk to the person that hired you and ask them if you should go take all the holders out of the machine and see if anyone can do their job. If gives you that blank lost in the head lights look you then ask then why is he asking you to do the same thing with programming and not have a defined correct process place to do your job.

5 Axis programming with the correct post is no different than 3 Axis programming. The only difference is what options and processes does your machine have that control how easy or hard it is to make the programs, but a defined process is a defined process and when someone claims it is secret they are lost or just scared to loose their job.

• Like 2