Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

WHat is a 1053 record?

I'm playing with the force tool change and am wondering if this setting is confusing camplete. we had to turn it on because it wasn't posting a tool change on a drill path.

the problem is there are 2 different types of force tool changes needed

one for a rotation change and one for a no rotation change

so I made 2 format macros and it works with a few tool paths. but if I use a longer test program it begins to use the wrong one

I can make it work with a misc integer but was going to play with the force tool change button to see if I could get it to work

we got a format from camplete but it did not work and my boss hasn't gotten back to them. same problem on a rotation change it worked fine but if there was no rotation the twp and all relevant codes were not canceled and re issued.

so here is my insert macro and formats.

I'm assuming datum change in camplete means a rotation, but that may not be the case.

5af7211b3cfde_DATUMSAMEINSERT.thumb.png.c6302ebc6322bf125cc50cc636a8d76a.png5af7218ad2cda_DATUMCHANGEINSERT.thumb.png.7e71fa796b488d500689ceb854d35125.png

SAME DATUM MACRO.png

DATUM CHANGE MACRO.png

If in mastercam if the wcs for the planes are different it works as intended. So a datum is the wcs and won't do waht I need it because we use g54 for every path.

Is it possible to alter the force tool change parameter value in the nci depending on if there will be an orientation change? Like a 1 for same plane and 2 for plane change.

I'll have the bossman email and see if camplete has a condition for that 

I emailed them and they fixed it up for me.

There is no clause for axis orientation, but they were able to insert one in the 3+2 block and one in the 3+2 transition block. So it will only use the transition block when the rotation is the same solving the problem.

On a side note in camplete, if you have it set to start a new path on a 1053 record during a simultaneous 5x path it will cancel, zero return, and reissue the tcp code for the next op. This may be better than playing the saftey zone or miltiaxis linking in some cases.