Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

question about 5 axis machine

kiy

hello everybody ! smile.gif

i'm iteresting to purchase a mastercam softwer for 5 axis milling machine cool.gif

and i want to ask if the mastercam softwer is

recommended or not for 5 axis machine wink.gif

and if somebody have experience in mastercam softwer for 5 axis machine cheers.gif

Shalom U vraha and welcome to the Forum.

Mastercam is very strong in 5axes and a lot of people here (not me frown.gif ) are strong in this field and I hope you `ll get a lot of answers .

You can call Mastercam dealer in Israel 054-242434 Nachum Lichik from NCS for details

Please read FAQ and do`t ask for a post !

HTH

Master Cam is very good with 5 axis machineing. The one problem that we have is with 5 axis drilling. in version 7 it worked fine but in version 8 and 9 there seems to be problems. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it something in master cam or the post?

Welcome to the forum. I use MasterCAM for 3,4, and 5 axis programming, and all in all, it works just swell!

The only two tips I have for you are:

1. Make sure you set up having a proven post processor that works and does what you want on your machine (if you are buying MasterCAM) before purchasing it.

2. The search feature is great on this forum. If you type in "5-axis" for example, you'll find a number of post's with people asking the same question.

Good Luck! Let us know if you end up prgramming with MasterCAM.

#1 I can not stress enought how important the Post is. If you are not a expert make sure you buy your post and get support with it. (Ask your dealer for references).

#2 Training: Many to the 5axis commands have a certain way of thinking needed. Mastercam software is not the best at wording what they want. A good teacher can show you in a day how all the 5 axis commands are used.

Training min:

Basic Mill 3 day

3D class 3 days

4/5 axis training 2 days

This is from memory, i am not a dealer.

#3 A good Verification program. Knowing where the part is inspace while moving around all the time is tuff. Retract points can get confusing crashs will happen. A good simulator will show you these crachs before you ever get to the machine.

If you don't do it right you will blame the software, if you do it right you will love it and look forward to you next 5 axis part smile.gif