Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to enable inverse time feed on mpmaster.pst

bogusmill

After reading up on inverse time feed rates I remember now that after a G93 call there is a F callout on every line. I have made some changes to the mpmaster.pst file and I'm getting inverse time feeds but not on every line and I'm not getting the G93 either. What do I change to make this work?

Ok it's not working quite right yet. The post is giving a G93 call and a Fxx number on every line. A and X axis are moving at the same time but the rotary head moves to the A call out then all the way around to the next A call then all the way around to the next A etc. Effectively a 362° move that should be a 2° move. What causes this to happen?

You should have G93 which turns on inverse time and it's modal so you need a feed on every line because the feed is in time so every move take a certain time to perform at your current feed rate. Depending on your settings it may move back to G94 on your non rotary moves.

In your post there rotary axis settings. I think this is the one.

rot_type     : 2     #SET_BY_MD Rotary type - 0=signed continuous, 1=signed absolute, 2=shortest direction

After a G94 line the next line has a G93 and an A axis move. That line and everyone after have a Fxxx feed rate line. I have now changed the rot_type  :0 to a 2 and will try it again. Another line I changed from 0 to 2 is ipr_type  :0  #Feedrate for rotary, 0=UPM 1=DPM, 2=inverse. If I should change it back let me know but that change seemed logical.