Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Managing ghosting with large 5axis files

Metallic

Quick question...

I'm running an axle component on my 5 axis for 3+2 work...a lot of the features are just mirrored on opposing faces. My current method is toolpathing one side and transforming it. 100+ operation components aren't unusual for me, but I'm trying to figure out how best to ghost ONLY source operations for those transformations and keep things tidy and error free.

In this particular component, a lot of other non-transformed toolpaths are crucial to not get ghosted. I'm already 4 toolpath groups deep.

Would you just copy/paste ONLY the required toolpaths into a brand new toolpath group and label it something like "POST ME ONLY" or something to that effect at the very end of programming?

Thanks,

C

14 hours ago, motor-vater said:

create a second toolpath group for your transformations? Select in your transformations if you would like to copy source operations or not, check weather or not you want the originals ghosted.

Jesus....im so stupid. Clearly that is the approach...but Ive never even considered it. This is the first symmetrical 3+2 part ive been working on in some time. Usually it is strange angle faces that need a custom plane.

Thank you!