Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc Communications Problem

dan m

I am not sure if this is going to sound right but i'll try. We have a new mori lathe with a conversational control on it. we got the communications working but no one bothered to save any programs back. mad.gif After the memery got full I went to help them organize there files and had no problem saving programs back to the PC. The problem is when trying to send a program back to the machine it only reads the first line of the program. confused.gif I tried changing all kinds of settings and nothing worked banghead.gif After talking to the dayshift operator i found out that mori has been in twice to fix this and got it working both time but he dont know what they did curse.gif if i try loading 2 programs at 1 time by putting them together i can see that it is looking through the program but is just loading the 1st line of the 1st program. I can't even run the machine in tape mode. Sorry this has been so long i'm just want to make sure i am explaining everything. btw we are using cimnet dnc software. thank in advance.

Good Day,

Can you put the NC file on the FTP site

to review, with NC file name of course.

Tony G

Almost Employed Senior Programmer

N.E Massachusetts - Southern New Hampshire

End mills and tooling are like The "AMMO"

And coolant and chips are like the enemy

Under your boots as you advance in the

Manufacturing Battle

--------------------------------------------------

Rekd,

the CR/LF's are there that is 1 of the things i tried changing.

CNCme,

I emailed you a copy of the program I have been trying to send to the machine. I would of put it on the FTP site but for some reason I havn't been able to access it for about a month.

Thanx again

Good Day,

Prog looks OK... how much reads in @ control?

Tony G

Manufacturing Battle

Good Day,

Many things I learned in machining, as most

people on this forum, Have been self taught.

Start by removing the comment from the " O "

word line...and then the % sign...

I never type the prog # before I hit Read,

Execute,...I let the machine pick-up

the Prog # from the Program...and then

try something else...and when you find the right

combination, you will never forget.

Hack it out...Dawg

Tony G

Manufacturing Battle

The other issue could be that the control is getting the data but does not receive he % at the end of the part program.

Is Cimnet stripping any characters out upon sending to the CNC?

What is the control? If Fanuc, then it should flash LSK and then upon getting the O # it would change to INPUT, indicating it has read some of the file.

Give me a call if I can help...I love a challenge.

Thanks for the replys,

I tried hooking up our old greco box to the machine and had the same problem. I than took the greco to our other mori lathe and was able to load programs with no problem. I double checked the prameters in both machines and they are the same. I am wondering if the problem with the new machine is it has a conversational control on it. I don't know why that would make a differance but i am stumped. The control on the new machine is a fanuc MSG501

Good Day,

Danny...get creative, make it happen

Like my boss used to say...

(Waitco Machine, Devens MA )

Bill Waite, used to say after I was encountering

problems with a 1.5 meg NC code file...that

I created.

Whats a matter, ITS just a couple numbers..!!!

J/K

Tony G.

Manufacturing Battle

I just wanted to give a quik update. I spoke with Mori and they or Fanuc have ever heard of this problem. So now I have to go through all the corprate red tape and try to get someone in here. banghead.gif I'll let you all know what the problem is when I find out. Thanks for all the help.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The MSG501 is Mori Seiki's "Front End" on a Fanuc 18i Control I believe.

Dan, I know this may not be the direction you want to go but we use SRAM cards for bringing programs to the lathes and our stand alone horizontals. They work great. You can get a card reader for your PC. The Memory card will act like a drive once inserted. Pretty slick.

Are you SURE there's not another "O" somewhere in the program? Ummmm..... Cable is good right? Ummmmmm..... have you tried it without a % at the beginning? What about ":" instead of "O".

Just thinking out loud.

James,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried all of them. I am hoping to get Mori in here next week. I talked to them on the phone and they claim they have never heard of this problem. As for the sram card thats not even a option. Acording to the bosses there is barly enough money to buy steel.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to let everyone know what the problem was. Someone changed the "TVC" parameter from 0 to 1 curse.gif It took the mori guy 4 hrs to figure this out banghead.gif The last question I have on this subject, what is the "TVC" parameter do? I wasn't here when the repairman was. Thanks for all your help. cheers.gif

• 1 year later...

Dan, thanks for this post. I just spent 5 hours with a brand new nv500 that will send programs just fine but only reads in the first line when I send it from my laptop. I have gotten it to appear to read in all the program then it sits "verrifying data" then says no data exhists. what a pain. the tech will be here tomorror for training. sure would like to cut some chips with this. I will bring up the "tvc" param.

quote:

I would of put it on the FTP site but for some reason I havn't been able to access it for about a month.

I had the same problem accessing the ftp site. I think the Windows and /or IE Updates change some of the Internet Explorer settings back to their default values. If you use Internet Explorer:

-Tools> Internet Options> Advanced

-Scroll down to the Browsing section

-Look for 'Enable folder view for ftp sites' and check the box if it is not already checked.

-Scroll down further and look for 'Use passive ftp' and uncheck this box if it is checked.

This should fix your ftp site access problem. biggrin.gif

cheers.gif