Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dialog box start position

tboiesan

There's a parameter file that get saved for the operation manager configuration:

c:mcam8millopsopmgr.prm

Make sure this file is not write protected. Or delete it manually and see if it created after you exit Mastercam. Also, the operation manager right mouse option "Display options" and "Save settings on Mastercam exit" should be checked.

Now that you pointed out I verified all setings and they are OK and indeed Operation manager dialog position is saved BUT only as long as entire dialog is on top of main mastercam window.

I am using dual head Matrox video card with 2 monitors, and mastercam window to fit only 1 monitor. When Operation manager dialog is positoned outside mastercam window or intersecting, then setings are not saved. This was not hapening with mastercam 7

If you have the operation manager up and the Mastercam window reduced as to allow the operation manager to go out side the window, and then close the operation manager, the next time you call it op it repositions it inside the window to it's initial settings.

Seems like it's intentional to not bring up the operation manager outside of the mastercam's window boundary.

Oh - and I just thought of something...

Suppose a user had his operation manager to the extreme left of his mastercam window. He changes his computer from high res to vga. Now his operation manager would be off the screen. If Mastercam were not to check these screen coordinates, the operation manager could appear "off screen" and the user would not know (or even access it).

Now it definitely seems intentional.

Possible it is intentional change... but it is annoying to have to drag and resize operation manager every time I open it. ( I can not say I change screen resolution so often ) Version 7 worked great and no one complained of losing dialog boxes - they are positioned by the system inside visible area anyway.