Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

swarf help

Kolson1989

3 hours ago, Kolson1989 said:

I am having an issue starting the tool at the top of the stock, VS it wanting to start at the tangency of the ball.  What am I missing, or is this just the way the program computes?

SWARFCHECK.ZIP

The toolpath is doing what it should be doing and making the 1st cut to be the tangential intersection of the ball to the wall. This is where the old school swarf is great because you define the number of cuts and it allows you to do what you after. Switch to it and change the depth of cuts to what you need and you should get exactly what you're after.

I would drive this with Curve 5 Axis using Tilt Lines not Swarf. Old school here would do very nicely. Parallel or Morph are worth looking at as well.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response, forgot I posted this. Because time was of the essence I ran a straight up ramp path to clear out the channel.  I did play with depth of cuts but the ball would always revert to the tangency depth.  I will look into those other paths as well! 

Thanks!

On a similar note, is there a way to offset the depth of the tool cut on a swarf path to go beyond the lower curve line?  There is very little full 5 here and love playing with it creating faster/efficient paths (plus they look slick).  Attached is a zip.  

DROP_SWARF_Z.ZIP