Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

APTchook

aziz

Hallo i am using VERICUT for verification with mastercam 7.2 it was working very will converting the NCI file but with mastercam V8.1 i need APT file i have the APT Chook but it is not doing fine with 5axis machining

Sory for my english

• 4 weeks later...

Billy, is the post 5axis compatible? If so, how do you account for different types of machines? Are you doing tooltip and vector? If so, how do you deal pivot length info? Does it do toolplanes? How are you passing tool information? I'm very interested to know if/how you are dealing with these situations as they have been issues with NCI to APT posts for years.

to gstevens

The apt output is not machine specific. The people I know that use 5-axis are using a system called NIT. It is connected to the machine controller and is controlled with apt. It controls tool data.

My post outputs apt source code. It outputs apt control for 5-axis. I am beginning testing with one of those 5-axis heads. I still use a post processor but I need apt source for input. Since I started this project I have learned about these NIT controllers and figured this apt post would work directly with them.

The tool planes are passed through 1017. If you are interested in the math for gage length email me. You won't believe how easy it is.

[email protected]

we have compiled a chook for 5axis milling conversion from NCI to APT, we output in flvours of Catia, NCL, APTCL, Cadpack and Gpost ( intercim) it works fine and we have many customers using it. send me a file (NCI) and I will send it back converted for you to try out Steve Kidd ( Mastercam reseller Seattle)

Webmaster writes: Changed "NCO" to "NCI"

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 06-18-2001).]