Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Returning after long time Edgecam encounter

wojtek90

• o

Hi ,

I cam back after long encounter with Edgecam.  My briefly Mastercam experience ended with Mastercam X9. Now I need quickly learn new about Mastercam 2019.

Maybe you guys can help me with this please.

I am attaching parasolid file of the model.

I would like to do it in two operation on  3 axis Hass Mill.  I was thinking to rough it form the top to bottom rather then on X Y axis to not kick out stock from wise.

Any help  appreciate.

Wojtek

PS. I posted it in educational forum ,but no answers

56-350-00-MP (1).SLDPRT

12 hours ago, Slepydremr said:

Quick two ops. Clamp on bottom excess to be able to machine profile past end of part. Drill hole.

2nd op Clamp with excess from 1st op over right end of jaws. Machine angle, sl1125191196_1stpos.thumb.jpg.dc0e6507ac77835bfad30a5295622b3d.jpgot and cut out.

2nd pos.jpg

Can you show me Toolpaths screen please, or describe operations. Thank you.

For the slope I would use a 3/4" 45 degree chamfer mill since the surface is a 45 degree angle.  If they were an odd angle I'd do like Steve said and Ball nose the surfaces.

Honestly though, if the material is already squared up to size then this part would be even easier in 3 operations the same tooling could be used for all ops.

1st OP. Mill slot

2nd op Rotate 90 and Drill Hole in back of part

3rd op machine the 45 degree face and deep slot

56-350-00-MP_3OP.mcam

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...