Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verisurf Best Fit

haroldm9123

HI All,

I am having a hard time trying to get something to work and I thought maybe i could find some help on here.

So the long and short of it is that im trying to Best Fit a measured hole pattern to a hole pattern in a solid model however i cannot use the model to align to...just the hole pattern.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

test.mcam

I don't see any alignments in your measurements. You should have used something to measure these points with. I would try doing a feature alignment 1st to get close so they are on the same plane then I would start aligning using only points and nothing else and see fi that gets you where you want to go. To create a feature alignment you will need to pull some CAD into your measure and help it cheat you in so to speak. Or you could fit a plane through the 4 arcs. Then fit a line between the last two arcs and go about it that way. May ways to get what your after. Did you reach out to support at Verisurf and see what they had to say?