Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

RAM usage on stock models

So not a Guru

I would have to say the reason you don't see much of a difference is due to the fact of cores in the CPU. From what I researched about the 7910 it had 12 cores (24 if it was a dual processor and 48 if it was set to hyperthread 24 hyper thread as a single CPU) while your new CPU only has 4 cores ( 8 for being dual or 16 if set to hyper thread). Depending on the tool paths you are using in Mastercam will determine the speed of the CPU works. A CPU with less cores is slower than a CPU with more cores. Even though you have more GHZ on the new system does not necessarily make it faster. The only way more GHZ are faster is in single core processing and Mastercam's tool paths use both single core and multi core processing. The best way to see what each tool path is processing at as far as cores is to click your task manager and watch the performance and resource monitor. This will show you the load being put on your CPU, Memory, Hard drive, and your GPU along with how many cores are being used in processing your tool path. SO it basically boils down to the type of tool paths you are using and I would recommend watching them for each type of tool path, Dynamic, 5axis and 3d milling  will stress the CPU the most. Rule of thumb get the most GHZ with the most cores as what you are willing to spend. www.cpubenchmark.net is a good place to rate CPU's for their performance. I have both i9-7940X and the i9-9900k CPUs in different workstations. THe 9900k (3.6GHZ turbo 5.0GHZ 8 cores/ 16 cores hyper threading) will mop the floor with the 7940X (3.1 GHZ turbo 4.3GHZ 14 core / 28 cores hyperthread) on single core but multi core processing the 7940 mops the floor with the 9900k. 

• Like 1