Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Making layer templates....

MetalFlake

I have different files set up with named layers that I use to start projects with. Several factors determine which one I use. I haven't had a chance to associate colors to them yet if that's even posible. I usually just click on the color tab and enter the number of the layer I'm working on. JM2C

I should have been a bit more precise. I want to do is open Mastercam and already have a whole bunch of layers Named, numbered, and colors set.

ie:

Layer 1: Part Wire color

Layer 2: Part solid color

Layer 3: Stock color

Layer 4: .....

Layer 10: Op1 WCS Color

Layer 11: Op1 jaws

Layer 12...

Layer 20: Op2 wcs color

Layer 21: Op2 Jaws

Layer 22:

Layer 110: Op1 sketch

Layer 120: Op2 sketch

I don't see how to do this with Attributes_EA Manager.

Thanks again for any ideas!!

MF

MetalFlake,

You can do this easy with a script, just run the script before starting a drawing.

code:

' -- Start Script

Call Main()

' ////////////////////

' Sub Declaration

' ////////////////////

Sub Main()

If IsDrawing Then Call InitializeScreen()

SetLevelName 1 , "Part Wire color"

SetLevelName 2 , "Part solid color"

SetLevelName 3 , "Stock color"

SetLevelName 10 , "Op1 WCS Color"

SetLevelName 11 , "Op1 jaws"

' -- Add more as you need them ....

End Sub

' ////////////////////

' Function Declaration

' ////////////////////

Function IsDrawing()

Dim Ret

Ret = StartDBSearch(mc_alive, -1)

IsDrawing = Ret

End Function

' ////////////////////

' Function Declaration

' ////////////////////

Function InitializeScreen()

Call RunMastercamCommand("initscrn")

End Function

Hell mick what is the VB command for Bounding Box? What is the command for Xfrom all entites from point to another point? What is the Vb command for Xfrom Rotate? Is there a mass or volume command for direction like a sorting if voulme in x is greater than y? Is there a Vb command for calling surface rough pocket and is there one for all the other toolpaths?

I know I am asking for alot but I am thinking of making a automated script like the API but alot more advanced. I am working on taking a model and running this script to make a bounding box on another level then comapre the part to put it the best way for contions in my setting for the alograthims, then move it to the best place usign that control then I want it to do a surface rough pocket using another alograthim for best tool scararos lenght depth best fit things of that nature. I then want it to do a surface finish scallop and have it be done from there. I know it sounds like a pretty big task but thinking I can open up like 4 or 5 session of Mastercam run my script before going home and come in the next day and start cutting. I feel like I can create the algrothims been some years but still have my books for doing them just getting the right stuff for Mastercam to work with the VB and automate the things I want. If I am crazy tell me so but think I am on the right track. headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif