Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Feed rates in circle mill not following directions. Bad circle mill, your a bad dog..

huskermcdoogle

Anyone else notice that feed rates kind of do what they please in Circle Mill? Say I have the override set for semi and regular finish passes to like 60 and 30, and had the roughing set at 100 (main operation feedrate). It will do that just fine the first time, sometimes. If I then change the roughing to 75 or something. It will still post out at 100 even through there are no feedrates set to 100 anymore. Solution here has been to uncheck the roughing, regen, then recheck the roughing, and regen, and it will be fine. I have also had it where it wouldn't do my feed overide for the finish pass at all even though it was checked. Can't remember what I did to get around that, but there was something. I use circle mill alot, and the feed rate override is nice when it works, but has proven to be a little frustrating, because you have to check it each time or you won't get the output you intendid.

BTW X6

Husker

• Like 1

I am still running X5 and I have been dealing with the same thing for quite some time. Often times the feed rates posted will be what the previous tool used. Not so good when core roughing with a 3/8" end mill, then circle milling with a 1/16 end mill...

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Ok I emailed the file to tech support. I was told right away that they usually do not use that feature and they normally would create a separate contour path for finishing. Not what I wanted to hear. I emailed the file and they said it could possibly be a bug or maybe my post. I post my results.

Thanks