Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Some mazak questions

gms1

Hey folks we just bought another mazak mjv-35/120 and this one has a fusion 640M control on it and I'm having a hard time finding some info. What is the M code to turn on/off the "Niagra coolant" bar attached to the spindle?

Second question, the guy running the machine tells me you have to create a directory on a floppy disk, then move the program to that folder in order to transfer the file to the control... do you really have to do this or is there an option to just take the file straight off the disk?

Third, we usually make our programs like 4888-1a, 4888-1b, etc... to show which operation the program is for but this guy is telling me you can only have 4 digit program names. Can I change this?

Also, can I change this control from ipr tapping to ipm? All of our control do ipm and I really want to avoid having just 1 machine using ipr.

These are all eia programs too.

You might be able to use programs with more than 4 digits and some letters, but I don't think you'll be able to load them through the floppy.

M130 for Niagara coolant.

Using a floppy disk is a PITA. If you go that route, you do need to create a folder on the floppy with a name that has no spaces. The file name needs to be "programnumber.eia" as in "1234.eia"

I personally prefer RS-232 on the Fusion control. It's fast and easy. The format is all identical to a Fanuc control.

You can change tapping to IPM. I think it's in the F section of the parameter manual.

Thanks Joe. The guy running it said it didn't even have an rs232 port until i searched for it and found it he said oh thats the printer port :)

I would prefer the rs232 or the pcmcia card reader over floppies any day. I had to work with what the operator was telling me.

Thanks Joe. The guy running it said it didn't even have an rs232 port until i searched for it and found it he said oh thats the printer port :)

I would prefer the rs232 or the pcmcia card reader over floppies any day. I had to work with what the operator was telling me.

I don't know about your machine, but the ones I've seen have a RS232 port behind a door on the control - that doesn't do anything. The one you need is probably in the electrical cabinet.

How are you transferring programs to your other machines? It's pretty straightforward to put the machine on an ethernet network. You just have to get the card. The slot for the card is inside the control, right behind the monitor.

Here's another option:

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/mazak/low-cost-answer-my-file-transfer-problems-220607/

Wow, I figured the rs232 on the controller was the one.. guess not lol. Im still waiting for a program to finish so I can go test this stuff.

As far as ethernet goes thats a log way off unfortunately, rolling out enough cable for a 30k sq ft building and 14 machines makes the powers that be a little hesitant. So I have to get something going in the mean time and thats rs-232 or the card reader. We use rs-232 with a few laptops for most of the machines, some take a pcmcia card now so we do a little of both.

Obviously I would prefer to stick em all on the network and forget about it.

Yeah that control panel thing is absurd. Look up at the switch, there are two wires running into it. Pull on the red one and it unplugs. That bullxxxx just about gave me a heart attack the first time I ever opened the electrical cabinet trying to check on a dead battery alarm and the whole machine just goes "KA-CHUNK!"

• 5 months later...

In regards to the 4 digit program #.....

Take a look at your data I/0 parameters. To access these parameters go to Data I/0 and press tape. You should see a parameter menu on the bottom of the screen. Take a look at TAP26 Bit3. These are 8 bit parameters so they are read from right to left. 76543210. Bit 3 will be the 4th digit from the right.

Set Bit 3 to a 0. Write down what the current parameter is before making this change. To change Bit 3 you will have to type in the entire string. For example: 00001000. Be sure to type in any other bits that are currently on.

Power down the control and restart. You should be good to go. If it does not work you might need a software update (call service) or possibly a new custom ladder (I have seen this done for 8 digit program #'s)

p.s.- 1st post