Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

c axis rotation

Why do you want this to happen? You start adding logic to a post to force something like this and I see a major crash happening. Most posts have logic to change the Axis direction using the misc and it up to each programmer to figure out how to best use them for their programming process. You start forcing a post int0 singularity and all bets are off as how Mastercam will handle the process.

• Like 1

It helps to remove unnecessary movement.  If you must, you could throw in a force tool change in your operation or better yet put in a bogus point toolpath (say right at your retract point) to force C to rotate to 0  before your A0C0 move.  This might be a bit of a PITA, but it will maintain the integrity between Mastercam and your posted code.

I would like it for a number of reasons, other softwares do it so is it just a mastercam thing?

No it is not a Mastercam thing. It is a process thing. You made a very broad statement and didn't give a specific example or file for someone to understand exactly why, when, where or how you need or want this. Since it was such a broad statement I made a broad answer back. Funny someone can say are you going to Europe? Yes I am going to Europe. Where are you going to in Europe? I am going to Italy. What city are you going to? I am going to Rome. Are you going to see any of the attractions? Yes I am going to see the Statue. Which one? and etc....

Yet people come in all the time and ask a general questions and then expect exact answer as to what Statue in what country they wanted to see and understand everything about it.

You tell any CAM System without some sort of Logic to always do this:

is there a command in the post that can be added to force the C axis to zero anytime the

A axis is at  A0. ?

You are asking for a possible crash. Is the operation is meant to go to A0 while in the middle of a 5 Axis operation and the C should be at anything other that C0, but you wrote logic in the post to force C0 anytime it sees A0 then you are possibly going get a crash. Now you if you are drilling a hole and then are done with an operation and then going to other operation and the machine is not resetting back to C0 when it A0 then yes that can be done. That was not the question you asked. You asked the above and you got the answer you got. Put up some example files and code and get very specific in your details and someone can then get very specific in their answer or answers. Ask what Statue you are going see in Europe and expect to get some confusion or not even an answer, because just about everyone I know cannot read someone else's mind. 

Grumpy old troll saying have a great day.

I didn't expect anything coming into this page except a bit of help and an answer to a question, not a tour of Europe, and or a sarcastic remark or comment. yes I can be more specific, that should have been

your reply not some lame line of crap, but there is no need  now, I came up with a answer and solution that fits my needs just fine.

Go back under your bridge troll with all your friends.

Good Day.

I didn't expect anything coming into this page except a bit of help and an answer to a question, not a tour of Europe, and or a sarcastic remark or comment. yes I can be more specific, that should have been

your reply not some lame line of crap, but there is no need  now, I came up with a answer and solution that fits my needs just fine.

Go back under your bridge troll with all your friends.

Good Day.

oh no, he didn't?!?!?!

clearly hasn't been here long enough to realize the folly of his ways. tisk tisk :thumbdown: