Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HST .formula files aren't working right

gms1

Hey all, I'm trying to setup some default .formula files for different materials and it's reading the values I'm putting in the different groups correctly. Some of them are, some are not.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<HST_Formula_Data xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<toolpath name="Core roughing" target="COREROUGH">
	<page name="Cut parameters" target="CUT_PARAMETERS__PAGE">
		<group name="Stepdown" target="STEPDOWN__GROUP">
			<param name="Stepdown" target="STEPDOWN">(@DIAMETER * 0.10)</param>
			<param name="Min stepdown" target="MINIMUM_STEPDOWN">(@STEPDOWN * 0.10)</param>
			<param name="Max profile stepover" target="MAXIMUM_STEPOVER">(@DIAMETER * 0.33)</param>
		</group>
		<group name="XY stepover" target="XY_STEPOVER__GROUP">
			<param name="% of diameter" target="PERCENT_DIAMETER">33</param>
			<param name="Max" target="PERCENT_MAXIMUM">(@DIAMETER * @PERCENT_DIAMETER)</param>
			<param name="Min" target="PERCENT_MINIMUM">(@PERCENT_MAXIMUM * 0.55)</param>
		</group>
		<group name="Smoothing" target="SMOOTHING__GROUP">
			<param name="Max radius" target="MAXIMUM_RADIUS">(@DIAMETER * 0.05)</param>
			<param name="Profile tolerance" target="PROFILE_TOLERANCE">(@DIAMETER * 0.01)</param>
			<param name="Offset tolerance" target="OFFSET_TOLERANCE">
				Dim Offset
				Dim Constant
				Constant = 5.0mm
				If @TOOL_TYPE = @BALL Then
					Offset = @CORNER_RADIUS * 0.15 * 0.2
				ElseIf @TOOL_TYPE = @BULL Or @TOOL_TYPE = @FLAT Then
					Offset = @FLAT_RADIUS * 0.2
				Else
					Offset = @DIAMETER * 0.5 * 0.15 * 0.2
				End If
				result = Min(Constant, Offset)
			</param>
		</group>
		<group name="Keep tool down within" target="KEEP_TOOL_DOWN_WITHIN__GROUP">
			<param name="Distance" target="KEEP_TOOL_DOWN_DISTANCE">7.0mm</param>
			<param name="% of tool diameter" target="KEEP_TOOL_DOWN_PERCENT">(@KEEP_TOOL_DOWN_DISTANCE / @DIAMETER * 100)</param>
		</group>
	</page>

First problem is "Profile tolerance" is still reading the default tool from the operation defaults I set up. I want that value to calculate from the diameter tool I choose, not the default tool. Now the values above this calculate correctly like stepdown, minimum stepdown and maximum stepover all work.

Second problem is "Keep tool down within" doesn't work at all. Right now keep_tool_down_distance is 7mm but I've tried everything (english values, formulas etc...) and it still shows the same value no matter what I put in there. Then keep_tool_down_percent doesn't work of course because its reading the distance value, divided by the default tool diameter(wrong) multiplied by 100.

I havent gotten past these 2 issues but I'm sure I will find more issues. Am I just missing something simple? I have Settings - Configuration - Toolpaths - Automatically calculate HST defaults turned off, lock feed rates is turned off as well.

edit:: I would also like to get a hold of some kind of xml layout for ALL the options in these toolpaths and how the options are labeled with syntax. Is this possible? :)

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Try it in MC2017.  In X5, we lost profile tolerance and offset tolerance formulas when the controls moved back to the Cut parameters dialog page.  In X6, we lost formula files altogether.  The formula files are back in MC2017, mostly, but the profile and offset tolerance likely won't be back until the release after MC2017.  MC2017 formula files apply to some HST strategies but not all - Area roughing, yes, but not Dynamic OptiRough.