Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

tool paths on a solid feature help

Hello there guys I have a problem and cant figure out whatS going on I have 2 previous files started in MC that if I open them I can make a toolpath onto the solid I have with no problem , BUT if I start a new file and import a the same solid into it and then try to create a toolpath from the solid I get a error message UNABLE TO EXTRACT LATHE PROFILE FROM SOLID why can I do it in exisisting files and not new ones

what am I doing wrong any help PLEASE its a very helpful feature I would like to be able to use frequently

thanks chris

Chris not idea without seeing a file. Can you covert it to surfaces and then try it? Also make sure to use a .0001 tolerance on your spin profile, will take a little longer to process, but I have found it best to get the best shape possible. Also a topic like this should be posted in the Industrial forum and not the post forum. Thanks for keeping things in the correct place.

• 1 month later...