Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CIMCO Edit fix for VERICUT Users

Watcher

Thanks for sharing Watcher, Funny thing is I have not had any calls on this but it must of been an issue.

VERICUT 7.3.x and earlier versions do not allow saving whenever the NC code is being read during an in progress simulation or opened in any preview window. The file handle is kept locked by VERICUT.

7.4 onwards use a different file opening technique, and external editors can save while VERICUT uses the file.

The reason you never heard about it it´s probably because most of your customers are still in 7.3.x or earlier (7.4 was released a month ago) so there was nothing they could do. And 7.3.x allows you to save in Cimco Edit once you satisfy two conditions:

• VERICUT must be on reset state
  • NC Program shall not be opened in the preview code window.

That could explain it.

That used to REALLY bug me, especially when I was tweaking posts, and testing different operations. Leaving Vericut open, and then posting, and verifying, and reposting.

When I was at CGTech, the techo showed me a trick to get around it, as sometimes, even when Vericut was running, but the NC file wasn't open and the project was rewound/reset, Vericut would still take hold of the file. So Daniel, those two conditions *sometimes* didn't even have to be met, for the file to be locked. I actually showed Gerry that when I was on site. He showed me what to do, but I don't have the notes right here with me.

Good to see it is fixed. I'm going to download that latest release right now :)

... So Daniel, those two conditions *sometimes* didn't even have to be met, for the file to be locked...

True. I used to see this happening in 7.3.x and < as well, but it was an intermittent issue. In 7.4 it was a showstopper. So I worked with their developers to get it fixed once it was a permanent condition.

R&D at CIMCO had to get a seat of VERICUT 7.4 in order to reproduce it. Glad they have a partnership.