Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc i series look ahead function problem

Greg_J

Hello,

I'm doing some rotary roughing and the motion is pretty choppy and I thought using the look ahead function would help. Using G05 P1 R1 I noticed it ran smoother and quicker then with out but my problem starts when the machine starts to use the "A" axis I get an error.

PS 5011 Parameter Zero (max cut)

I look for that parameter (01432) max cut feedrate (bipl) and it is set to zero so I change it to match the max cut feed rate on (01430) and when I run the program it changes back to 0 and gives me the same alarm.

Any ideas where it's getting the 0 from to over write the value I put in?

Also what does bipl stand for?

Thanks,

Greg

You need to look at 8465 and 8466, see if they are zero, if they are.  Then look at 13626 and 13627.  They are the R1 and R10 values that will be interpolated depending on if you select something other than 1 or 10 and written to 1432.  If they are zero when you command R1 it will write them to zero.  You may need to setup all of the 13600 parameters if you want to use R1-R10.  Otherwise you will want to not use that code and restore your original settings.