Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Planes Manager unresponsive

Chris_C

Hi y'all,

So I open up Mcam this morning and notice my Planes Manager isn't working...I can display it on / off from the View menu but can't select a plane or do anything in there. It was working fine on Saturday...Any ideas on how to fix this ?

TIA !!

Chris

Mcam2020 Update2

Close Mastercam and delete the workspace file in the config folder for your user account. Then reopen Mastercam and it will create a new workspace file. That should solve your problem. I suspect you took a workspace file from a previous version and imported it in. I don't do this and it prevents a lot of these types of issues.

• Thanks 1

Try this

close Mastercam

rename this file

"C:\Users\**** your user name here ***\Documents\My Mastercam 2020\Mastercam\CONFIG\Mastercam.Workspace"

to old_Mastercam.Workspace or something like that

launch Mastercam

it will create a new default copy of Mastercam.Workspace

see if functionality is restored

if  it is

close Mastercam, delete the new Mastercam.Workspace file and restore the name of your WorkSpace file.

See if you still have full functionality.

If you do, you are good to go.. if you don't, your Workspace is corrupt and will have to be rebuilt.

It's always a good idea to keep a copy of this file somewhere as it can be a ton of work getting your desktop

and right mouse buttons the way you like them

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Chris_C said:

Need to rebuild my workspace

Pro Tip... once you get it rebuilt.. save a backup copy ;)

another tip...  If you have ever made a zip2go of a Mastercam session ..  there is a copy of your workspace file in the zip2go

just unzip to a junk folder and retrieve the workspace file

• Like 3