Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help with Horizontal part

tsewyek

Good Morning Everyone,

I am quite inexperienced at doing rotary indexing type of work. I have put a file in the MC9 folder on the FTP site named 11456266.mc9, as you can see from the file we are trying to get two parts out of each blank. We have a vise oriented in the vertical position on an angle plate, on a Mori Horizontal using the Mpmaster post. The job is very simple two turns at 30 Degrees in either direction. The problem is in the turns, the part datum is in the upper left hand corner of the blank, when the program comes to the indexing move the table rotates correctly but my spindle is machining out in space where the part had originated. It is obviously something I do not understand being new to this type of work and I feel like an idiot because I've done far more complicated work than this. I knew you guys would have the answers as you always do. Thanks very much in advance to all that replay.

Have a great day !

P.S. The vise holding the part is not situated in the center of the rotary table it is to the front towards the spindle.

I can't get to your file, I keep getting a proxy error. (my problem) but you have two choices for setting up your part. First you can set your mastercam zero points at the virtual center of your pallet, then regen your toolpaths, or (prefered) you can write a macro to set new machine zero points and write your program to mastercam part zero.

Here is what I have to do, I do this everday. Just about everything I program has table rotates.

This is what I have created to help me out.

LinkPhoto?GUID=1b475b8b-30c9-4445-3878-57a42cc27df0&size=lg

The crosshairs are the center of the table, the line is the centerline of the vice (chuck in my case). If you set those up the way they are on your table then you rotate your 30 deg and analize the endpoint of the line that is the center of the vise.

Now you have your offset numbers. It is going to your original work offset number, the table moves, so you need to change your offset,

1. G52

2. G54

3. G55

4. G56

Thats what I have, I dont know about yours. I hope this helps. This is how I get it done.

cheers.gif