Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pocketing 2021 Cutter Comp

BrianP.

5 minutes ago, Neurosis said:

Change your selection to 3d. 

If you compare the solid selection dialog between 2020 and 2021, the options were <face> and <3d> . In 2021 they are <cplane> and <3d>  I think that the <cplane> being on that dialog is a booboo and reacts just like <face>.

CNC is aware of issues using spring pass in pockets. I would definitely send that in. 

Just gave it a quick try and seems to work. 2021 seems to be a bit buggier than most previous versions on a few fronts. May go back to 2020 till they get some of this sorted out.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, BrianP. said:

2021 seems to be a bit buggier than most previous versions on a few fronts. May go back to 2020 till they get some of this sorted out.

I've only noticed a few bugs that really bother me.

The biggest one for me has been clearing solid face selection in some of the legacy surfacing tool paths.  The surfaces that you want to clear have to be visible and you have to re-select them before you can clear them.  That is a GIANT pain in the A$$.

The pocket spring doesn't affect me quite as much.  I wasn't aware of the cutter comp issue. I'll have to keep my eye out. The problem that I've come across, is when you're machining several pockets and using spring passes, it will machine the finish pass in each pocket, and then go back to machine the spring passes after.