Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Waterline tool path not detecting surfaces.

DFredregill

Running a small part using a optirough and then a waterline tool path. The machining surfaces can be selected during setup however the tool path floats off the part .050 making the part .100 oversize. Unfortunately I cannot support any files. I do not have a containment selected. I have attempted to make one and adjust offsets with no luck.

0821200731a.jpg

0821200732.jpg

the machining geomertry page of that toolpath is where we set the Stock To leave amount, which that page i believe defaults to .05" so .05" times 2 for each side of the part would mean the part would be .1" over sized, so my guess is you had forgot to remove the stock to leave setting on the machining geometry page

222222222.jpg

• Like 1

A tip on this- using the Reset Stock Values button on the bottom of the page will zero out the wall and floor stock-to-leave without you having to type it in. Why the defaults are 0.050 and 0.050" on finishing paths is a discussion for another time, but this button was a big convenience win when I learned about it.

1320393149_StockValuesTrick.jpg.36131b8a9ac0fd30e0b8234cfe2aa05c.jpg

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Chally72 said:

Why the defaults are 0.050 and 0.050" on finishing paths is a discussion for another time

If I were cutting (solid surface(corian/varicor)) or wood(butternut /walnut etc), I would leave that amount on the drive to compensate for chipping/dents, on metal it's probably overkill..