Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Create Note Changes System Level and Color

Snaglpuss

Example- System color is green and level is on #1. I create-note, then the system color changes automatically stays on the color and level that I have set in Entity attributes manager for notes,( in this case color grey and level 24). Anyone else have this problem? It didn't do this in MC 2019 or 2020. The guy sitting next to me has same problem so I think its not just something on my box.

Notes/Labels is checked, set to level 24 and set to color grey 7.  My default system color is supposed to stay green, level 1

The problem is that if I'm working in green level 1, stop and write a note it puts the note on level 24 in grey color (that's OK) but it then automatically switches my system color and level to grey and level 24. Then I have to right click and switch the color back to green and the level back to 1.

41 minutes ago, Snaglpuss said:

Notes/Labels is checked, set to level 24 and set to color grey 7.  My default system color is supposed to stay green, level 1

The problem is that if I'm working in green level 1, stop and write a note it puts the note on level 24 in grey color (that's OK) but it then automatically switches my system color and level to grey and level 24. Then I have to right click and switch the color back to green and the level back to 1.

That is an over ride and is doing exactly what it is telling it to do. Uncheck them and see if it does what you are expecting.

From help:

Entity Attributes Manager

Use the Entity Attributes Manager dialog box to specify level, color, style, and width attributes for specific entity types. For example, you can define lines as level 1, blue, and dashed. Each time you create a line, it is automatically created in level 1 in blue, and uses the dashed line style.

To manage entity attributes for your current file, select the dialog-box launcher in the Attributes group on the Home tab. To set system startup default values, access the Entity Attributes Manager from the CAD Settings property page in the System Configuration dialog box.

The  Entity Attributes Manager Settings button.

Right-click any of the column titles to set the values or turn the columns on and off.

The right-click options in the Entity Attributes Manager settings.

OpenParameters

Level

To specify a level attribute for the entity type, select the Active checkbox.

To choose a level, type a level number, or right-click in the text box and choose one of the following options:

• Select from dialog: Opens the Levels dialog box where you choose the level attribute to assign to the selected entity type.
  • Set value from entity: Temporarily minimizes the Entity Attributes Manager dialog box and allows you to select an entity in the graphics window that has the level you want to use. The dialog box reopens with the Level field set from the selected entity.
  • Set value to main attribute: Copies the level value specified in the Home tab's Attributes group to the entity type Level field.
  • Copy value to above: Copies the value specified in the selected Level field to all active fields above in the Level column.
  • Copy value to below: Copies the value specified in the selected Level field to all active fields below in the Level column.

Color

To set a color attribute for the entity type, select the Active checkbox.

To choose a color, type a color number, or right-click in the text box and choose one of the following options:

• Select from dialog: Opens the Colors dialog box where you choose the color attribute to assign to the selected entity type.
  • Set value from entity: Temporarily minimizes the Entity Attributes Manager dialog box and allows you to select an entity in the graphics window that has the color you want to use. The dialog box reopens with the color set from the selected entity.
  • Set value to main attribute: Copies the color specified in the Home tab's Attributes group to the selected entity type Color field.
  • Copy value to above: Copies the value specified in the selected Color field to all active fields above in the Color column.
  • Copy value to below: Copies the value specified in the selected Color field to all active fields below in the Color column.

Style

To specify a style attribute for the entity type, select the Active checkbox.

To choose a style, select one from the drop-down list, or right-click in the text box and choose one of the following options:

• Set value from entity: Temporarily minimizes the Entity Attributes Manager dialog box and allows you to select an entity in the graphics window that has the style you want to use. The dialog box reopens with the Style field set from the selected entity.
  • Set value to main attribute: Copies the style value specified in the Home tab's Attributes group to the entity type Style field.
  • Copy value to above: Copies the value specified in the selected Style field to all active fields above in the Style column.
  • Copy value to below: Copies the value specified in the selected Style field to all active fields below in the Style column.

Width

To specify a width attribute for the entity type, select the Active checkbox.

To choose a width, select one from the drop-down list, or right-click in the text box and choose one of the following options:

• Set value from entity: Temporarily minimizes the Entity Attributes Manager dialog box and allows you to select an entity in the graphics window that has the width you want to use. The dialog box reopens with the Width field set from the selected entity.
  • Set value to main attribute: Copies the Width value specified in the Attributes dialog box for the main attribute to the entity type Width field.
  • Copy value to above: Copies the value specified in the selected Width field to all active fields above in the Width column.
  • Copy value to below: Copies the value specified in the selected Width field to all active fields below in the Width column.

Include entities created when opening non-Mastercam files

Applies the specified attributes to imported entities.

Apply to existing entities

Applies the attributes to entities in the graphics window.

If I uncheck the color and level boxes in EA manager, sure, notes default back to the current system color and level.

The problem is creating a note puts it where I want it (level 24) and makes it the color I want (grey) but it CHANGES the Current system color and level from Color green and level 1 and leaves it to now level 24 and color grey. It should not change the color and level for lines, arcs, splines, etc to the level and color where notes are supposed to go. No other version did this.

Edit- The other items I have setup in EA Manager don't mess with the system color or level .

E.G. I have dimensions set to color grey and level 23 and it puts them there and it leaves the current level and color at green level 1. Same with other items in there. Only notes changes the current system and level and leaves it there after creating a note.

Gotta be a bug.

1 hour ago, Snaglpuss said:

If I uncheck the color and level boxes in EA manager, sure, notes default back to the current system color and level.

The problem is creating a note puts it where I want it (level 24) and makes it the color I want (grey) but it CHANGES the Current system color and level from Color green and level 1 and leaves it to now level 24 and color grey. It should not change the color and level for lines, arcs, splines, etc to the level and color where notes are supposed to go. No other version did this.

Edit- The other items I have setup in EA Manager don't mess with the system color or level .

E.G. I have dimensions set to color grey and level 23 and it puts them there and it leaves the current level and color at green level 1. Same with other items in there. Only notes changes the current system and level and leaves it there after creating a note.

Gotta be a bug.

Okay then need to report it to QC. I don't use the Entities Manager so I never would have seen it or come across that issue.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Snaglpuss said:

Gotta be a bug.

I have just tested this on my system and it sticks within the same session and does not change my current active level or colour

I also tried applying the settings through file configuration and have found that it does not carry over to other/new sessions.

I would say you might have a bug

image.png.9fb5c0d118a25298a2b49596b4a7e409.png

• Like 1