Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NetHasp

Wargo

Good Morning,

I'm currently using Mastercam 2019. I want to start using Mastercam for Solidworks which I've used at a previous job. I have the software downloaded on my computer and I want to connect the network license now. For some reason I'm not understanding this correctly. I ran the NetHaspX from the MCAM2019 folder, as well as the MCAM for SW folder. The NetHasp.ini document has been updated with the server IP address but the NetHasp is not finding the licenses.

The left window was ran from the MCAM folder and the right window was from the MCAM for SW folder. Capture.thumb.PNG.d9f911add53674c66c37a3f3411f3024.PNG

Wow you work for a big corporation to have 50 licenses of Mastercam that has everything under the sun. I figured that is about $20 million worth of software your company has access to and they don't have a good IT person to help sort this out? Sorry, but until you provide a company email and sim number I am calling you a pirate user of the software.

I was supplied a sim number and apologize for what I said.

Edited by crazy^millman
I was wrong and I apologize
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Wow you work for a big corporation to have 50 licenses of Mastercam that has everything under the sun. I figured that is about $20 million worth of software your company has access to and they don't have a good IT person to help sort this out? Sorry, but until you provide a company email and sim number I am calling you a pirate user of the software.

It's not a problem. No feelings were hurt today.

2 minutes ago, Pete Rimkus from CNC Software Inc. said:

Wargo,

Is the NetHasp.INI in the MCforSW folder the exact same as the one in the MC folder?

I created a new one. I used the codemeter application to find the IP address to update that line. I can try copying the .ini file from the other folder and see if that works instead.

5 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

I lol'd at this, lmfao, 50 licenses of everything, you never really do know, do you?