Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Engraving names

PeterM

I've been tasked with engraving presentation gifts for a company. The first problem is that I need to use a proprietary font. I think that if they can get me the font in true type that I can use it directly in Mastercam, if not it's going to be a rats nest. There are seventy names and five different text strings to use and I am thinking that I will need to use a macro to call the different names. That is complicated enough. Any comments or suggestions?

31 minutes ago, PeterM said:

I've been tasked with engraving presentation gifts for a company. The first problem is that I need to use a proprietary font. I think that if they can get me the font in true type that I can use it directly in Mastercam, if not it's going to be a rats nest. There are seventy names and five different text strings to use and I am thinking that I will need to use a macro to call the different names. That is complicated enough. Any comments or suggestions?

You can always use rast2vec chook to create the wireframe, then drag divide to clean it up if necessary

10 minutes ago, byte me said:

You can always use rast2vec chook to create the wireframe, then drag divide to clean it up if necessary

I think that I was a little unclear. one piece will have one name, the next piece will have another name, etc. etc. So seventy presentation pieces seventy different names.

2 minutes ago, PeterM said:

I think that I was a little unclear. one piece will have one name, the next piece will have another name, etc. etc. So seventy presentation pieces seventy different names.

No I understand, but if you don't get the font..