Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Doosan Puma smx3100st

I work for Doosan and I will say that Fanuc out sells Seimens by a long shot. Saying that doesn't mean much except to people who own and run a Seimens. I have not worked with the Seimens a lot because we simply don't sell a lot of them. But our apps guys love the Seimens on the machines that we have had on our showroom floor. I'm a Heidenhain guy myself, beautiful control. In a lot of cases, the Seimens is more user friendly and once learned, easier to use. Their 5 axis features are easier to use than Fanuc and they are built for the control better than Fanuc. Seimens are excellent controls. Some users state that service or support is hard to get. I will leave that to actual users though. I will say this in Fanucs' favor. Mean time between failure is by far Fanucs' strong point. For that alone, I would buy Fanuc if it was my money. Since you are in Norway, Seimens is by far better supported in Europe. For some reason, the US is a Fanuc majority. Lastly, I don't think you can go wrong with the SMX3100ST with Seimens.

• Like 1

Hi!, thanks for the answer.

We ordered this machine, in europe as you mention its better service for Siemens i guess. I have used siemens before, and liked their advanced language, like fanuc macro b in another language. now the task is to get an mill turn module with siemens post processor to the machine, it is one available for fanuc, but according to reseller it has to be built for siemens to this machine, if anyone has some information whats available for this machine it would be helpful for us, we are looking to purchase a mill turn module and post prosessor, we are not sure if it is available for this machine any place, we are not looking for getting it for free, so thats cleared out for eventual replies.

Hello again Geirsj. I know for a fact that Mastercam already has a machine and post for this machine. I am quite confident others have it too. What do you currently use for programming? I would think Mastercam since you are asking here. That will decide whether you can simply upgrade your current software or whether you need to purchase something new. I think most CAM systems have this machine covered already. Ask your reseller.

Hi, thank you for answering, we got  a  quote of building a new machine file. it is in the north region of Europe, and they claim it has not been built for Siemens control and i am if i go along be set up as an beta user, still i need to pay an amount  for being a guinea pig, lol.. we are going to pay for it, but if someone out there already has a post it would be helpful for us, right now we are preparing the foundation for the machine!. it seems strange that it is no machine out there of  Doosan smx3100 smx with Siemens control 840 post out there yet.

we have currently using  X21, lathe and 3d mill,  and are expecting to upgrade to mill turn and 5 axis licence for this machine

• geirsj changed the title to Doosan Puma smx3100st
  • 3 weeks later...

I spoke with our Mastercam post guys and it seems they have received a request for a Seimens mill/turn post from a dealer in Northern Europe. This must be for you. You are in the system and hopefully, it won't take long. Seimens also is aiding in this project, to their benefit. The machine and kinematics are already built, it just needs to have Seimens control stuff done.

Paul