Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Importing Solidworks drawing

serk_237

I need help importing a solidworks drawing. It is probally something very simple that I am overlooking but I need some help. I am using V9.0. I did File/Converters/Parasolids but when it goes to bring the file in I get a message that there are no solids. I then tried to convert it to IGES that worked so I brought the file into Mastercam. The only problem I have is when I goto select features to machine Mastercam will not highlight the endpoints, centers, midpoints, etc. I am not sure if the engineers are not doing something correctly to the Solidworks file or I am just lost on how to import them.

Can anyone help me

Thanks,

Hopeless banghead.gif

With your software try saving out of solidworks as a parasolid. with the X_t extention. 9.1 SP2 with the dec 04 file converter update opens all current solidworks files in their format. 9.0 has a few bug that are tuff to work around.

Serk_237,

Are they SolidWorks Drawing files (.SLDDRW) or Part files (.SLDPRT)? As Gorn suggests, V9.1SP2 will read SolidWorks parts from any version of SW. It will not read .SLDDRW files at all.

When you bring the IGES file into Mastercam (and can't pick endpts, midpts, etc.), what entities are they? Ue Screen/Statistics if you're not sure.

Pete Rimkus ("ProductDevelopmentGuy")