Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCam options defaults/chooks/ribbon settings

Metallic

Hey,

For some reason when I opened Mastercam today, it got rid of all of my user preferences under Options and my customized ribbon was gone.

Is there a way to save those settings and import them so that I don't have to go back and manually change everything when I upgrade or something like this happens?

I am familiar with Configuration files of course but I wasn't sure about these specifically.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Metallic said:

Hey,

For some reason when I opened Mastercam today, it got rid of all of my user preferences under Options and my customized ribbon was gone.

Is there a way to save those settings and import them so that I don't have to go back and manually change everything when I upgrade or something like this happens?

I am familiar with Configuration files of course but I wasn't sure about these specifically.

Thanks

The My Mastercam Folder and Shared Mastercam Folder contain the entire sum of all the files, I keep a zipped copy of each and replace it when that happens.

Specifically, in my mastercam/config/ there is a .workspace file

The common way I have heard to automate that is a .bat file

Mastercam.workspace files have these. If you have a previous version like you want it you can import that and have your current version use it and save it. I keep copies of my .workspace files in different places and I make a copy and rename the extension Mastercam.rdbworkspace and Mastercam.oemworkspace for the original one that is installed. I want to go back to factory I just rename the current one to Mastercam.oldworkspace and copy the one that says Mastercam.oemworkspace and change it to Mastercam.workspace and now back to factor resets without having to delete the active Mastercam.worksapce and have it make a new one which you can do also.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Mastercam.workspace files have these. If you have a previous version like you want it you can import that and have your current version use it and save it. I keep copies of my .workspace files in different places and I make a copy and rename the extension Mastercam.rdbworkspace and Mastercam.oemworkspace for the original one that is installed. I want to go back to factory I just rename the current one to Mastercam.oldworkspace and copy the one that says Mastercam.oemworkspace and change it to Mastercam.workspace and now back to factor resets without having to delete the active Mastercam.worksapce and have it make a new one which you can do also.

17 hours ago, Thee Byte™ said:

The My Mastercam Folder and Shared Mastercam Folder contain the entire sum of all the files, I keep a zipped copy of each and replace it when that happens.

Specifically, in my mastercam/config/ there is a .workspace file

The common way I have heard to automate that is a .bat file

So how do you actually save/create the one you want to save?

Mastercam will automatically create a .workspace file if it cannot find one, so you can delete the file, a new one will appear, then once you have customized your interface in Mastercam, make a copy of the new file.