Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Flow 5 axis

mirek1017

You have your WCS wrong in my opinion. Why did you define a WCS for the Rotary and then use Top for the operation? You have it locked to 4th Axis and the only way to make it work correctly is to use the WCS that matches. Switched to that WCS and got a good looking toolpath. Nice surface work and other things you have done to learn the basics of multiaxis toolpath creation.

Also why are you using all the different WCS for the operations? Are you planning on setting this thing up that many times? A new WCS means a new Zero on the machine. You have 100's of planes for an operation, but should only be using one WCS for a setup.

On the display option in the operations manager you can show the WCS and T-plane to see what I am talking about.

OP1 has the WCS set to Top, not sure what your are trying to accomplish with it but for file sharing purposes always kick the step overs up to large numbers to get the idea and reduce the file size.

Need to check operation 5 and 6 you have them defined as 5 Axis on a 4 Axis machine. That is not going to work unless really is a 5 Axis machine.

Ok ,so I should working on top top top all time ,I need to see you sample from internet 

8 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

OP1 has the WCS set to Top, not sure what your are trying to accomplish with it but for file sharing purposes always kick the step overs up to large numbers to get the idea and reduce the file size.

Need to check operation 5 and 6 you have them defined as 5 Axis on a 4 Axis machine. That is not going to work unless really is a 5 Axis machine.

image.png.784ab539b6c7cff03a61acb5c8a07ba1.png

Op 8 . toolpath looks god ,but what setting I should use for colision  tool and part like on the pic ?

17 minutes ago, mirek1017 said:

Ok ,so I should working on top top top all time ,I need to see you sample from internet 

image.png.784ab539b6c7cff03a61acb5c8a07ba1.png

Op 8 . toolpath looks god ,but what setting I should use for colision  tool and part like on the pic ?

Huh???? TOP/TOP/TOP is if you have your model aligned with how you are going to be machining it. You created the 4th Axis WCS to align with how you are going to machine it correct? If so then no you would not use TOP/TOP/TOP you would use 4th Axis/4th Axis/4th Axis and now the part stays in Model space how it came in and you use the WCS now align to the part how you are going to run it on the machine. WCS in Mastercam equals G54 Zero where and how you are going to set it up on the machine. This is the foundation of Mastercam programming for any axis machine. You want to rotate in the 4th axis then it would be 4th Axis/Rotate/Rotate, but notice the main WCS stays the same and the T and C Planes change not the main WCS.

Move the model in Mastercam to how you want it on the machine then yes TOP/TOP/TOP will work. Old school way of programming I will have one model and may do 30 operations to the part with different machines and Zeros and that is where the WCS controls this fast and easy.

When I made OP8 4th axis rotary/4th axis rotary/4th axis rotary I got no collisions.

50 minutes ago, mirek1017 said:

image.png.634fc17183dd009be45c42432a9f5d71.png

image.png.83b8ac138cbd417d462a5fb89bf90aeb.png

this my settings and still shows me collision 

image.png.84651cf926b05e137bb0293310ba21e5.png

You didn't have lines on the file you shared for axis control you had pattern surface. With lines you then have to adjust them to not collide into the part. Also turn off the surface that is not helping you see the possible collisions with the part since it a sphere. I ran it through machine sim and got no collisions. I can look at that and see it is not staying normal to the 4th Axis so that tell me your lines are not normal to the 4th axis for Axis control.

11 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

You didn't have lines on the file you shared for axis control you had pattern surface. With lines you then have to adjust them to not collide into the part. Also turn off the surface that is not helping you see the possible collisions with the part since it a sphere. I ran it through machine sim and got no collisions. I can look at that and see it is not staying normal to the 4th Axis so that tell me your lines are not normal to the 4th axis for Axis control.

I am sorry ,yes when I use pattern  surface is better 

That is a different question all together. Might look at to point and pick the center of the Sphere and give that try. All else fails you then draw the lines all going in the direction to control this. Might could do it with a from chain, but I would have to experiment with it and already spent more time on this than I have right now. You are starting to think like a 5 Axis programmer and done a good job to this point so keep trying different things till you nail it down.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

That is a different question all together. Might look at to point and pick the center of the Sphere and give that try. All else fails you then draw the lines all going in the direction to control this. Might could do it with a from chain, but I would have to experiment with it and already spent more time on this than I have right now. You are starting to think like a 5 Axis programmer and done a good job to this point so keep trying different things till you nail it down.

Parallel toolpath is my friend :):):)

• Like 1