Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Converting Maya to Mastercam

Hillbilly

Yeah I am going to try that at work tomorrow all I have is the PLE version at home. They just got maya so I haven't used it much. The PLE version is free so I got it to learn a little bit on it at home but it will only save files in it's own format so you can't use it for commercial purposes.

Hi hillbilly welcome to forum,

You can also see if there is any chances of converting your file to 3ds format which even autocad will read or if you can open it in 3d max you can easily create igs files. and stl files which can be used to genrate toolpath in mastercam.