Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Lag?

locofoxtech

i've just installed mastercam onto my system. its a athlon 1.4 with 512mb with an ati radeon 7200 64mb card running xp pro. for some reason, whenever i start up mastercam, the cursor blinks and keeps on blinking. when i move the cursor over the tool buttons, it lags. it doesnt move smoothly. if i try and draw something, what i am trying to draw something, when i move the mouse, i can see what i am drawing but it still blinks. when i stop moving the mouse, what i draw disappears for awhile until i click the mouse and then i see it. is there something wrong with my system or bad install or what? thanks.

quote:

ATI's commercial line of cards which include the Radeon, Rage, All In Wonder, and Xpert series are not recommended. As it stands, ATI is notorious for having weak OpenGL implementations in its commercial drivers which can result in poor performance and instability in OpenGL-based applications such as Mastercam. ATI's workstation line of cards, FireGL, do not appear to be plagued by OpenGL issues.

'Rekd