Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

this may seem like a stupid Q but here goes

cherokeechief79

i did my 1st attemp at milling on a c axis lathe the other day.it worked ok but the contour was kinda choppy.i think i can resolve that one though.im milling with c and y.

my question is that the z feedrate seems normal but once it starts contouring the feedrates(output by mc) are incredibly high on the caxis moves even though the tool is going round the part too slow.

how do i increase the feed at which it contours the part?

will i have to change it in mc and repost it?this machine is a pia and ive got to cut and paste parts of different programs together.

TIA

does it have a different feedrate on every line? if so does your machine have G112 or G107?, or some sort of C axis contouring mode? Its usually mi4 in the post to turn it on.

The high feed numbers though sound like its using Degrees per minute

quote:

can i delete all of the feedrates and just put one at the desired rate on the 1st c move

Your post is outputing degrees/minute for C axis moves. I do not know if this is correct for your machine or not. If it is, running it with one feedrate at the start would probably give very poor results.

The Hicell with an 18t Fanuc is using inverse time like a mill. I think this is an Hitachi thing(Seicos overlay software,the soft keys are different than the regular Fanuc mode).I can exit the Seicos mode and it is just like a regular Fanuc.If I program a C axis Polar(C&X) Contour with just one feed rate it will feed fast in spots and slow down during the curves.

It will adjust itself in tight spots.

What type of control are you running? If it is a PIA sounds like post work to me.

Hope this helps?

its based on the Fanuc 18iTB but it has many other features added by the manufacturer.its a nakamura tome super ntj.we are looking at some new software now to control it.

quoted from the machine builders site below

Original 2-path control based on Fanuc 18iTB enables machine capability to be maximized

and efficient machine control is realized.

Multi-Tasking 9-axis Machine with simultaneous 4+4-axis control.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Your post is outputting Inverse time (UPM). Perhaps you may want to try Degrees Per Minute (DPM). There should be a switch in the post. Look for DPM or UPM and make the appropriate change. It is not abmormal to have a different f/r on evey line using UPM. To explain wh I'd have to get into more detail than I have time for at this point in time... I'm boiling pacifiers(sp?) for my 5 day old baby right now. Caught a break in the action so....