Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Book

s0l0seven

I have that book as well, and while I already know how basic programming works, I find it to be very helpful. If you have never done any other programming, that book may not be what you're looking for. It's not meant to 'Teach' you how to write posts, but rather to help you with syntax and variable names etc.

The ISBN No# ISBN 1-883310-00-8

I got it from our local dealer about 2 months ago. It was published in Sept 97.

Reading it makes watching paint dry fun ,

although its helped out twice its hard going if you dont now anything about posts already.

May be somone nows off a post tutorial book,

somthing like "Posts for dummys" Thats what I need

Cheers

------------------

Greg Muirhead

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Try Alt+C then open the "Posthelp.dll". This is the most up to date post stuff.

It is NOT a "How to write posts" book. There is no such beast. I'm pretty sure that there will never be such a book either.

The September 97 Book is the most current Post Publication in print.

------------------

James Meyette

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Mike,

All you have to do is press Alt+C, then select "posthelp.dll". You don't have to unzip it or anything. You have to be in Mastercam to use it, unless you feel like doing some De-Compiling. wink.gif

Jay,

I believe that the Post Book dated Sept. 97 was put out during Version 6's reign. Most likely around Version 6.13's debut if I had to guess closer than V6.

I'd love to sell you one but I think you are Dave's customer and I'm sure he would not appreciate me snaking his customers. wink.gif Just call him up. They have them in the office, if they don't I've got a few. wink.gif

------------------

James Meyette eek.gif

[This message has been edited by James Meyette (edited 05-24-2001).]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

elad,

If you've got Version 8.1 it's in there for sure, I'm not so sure about Version 8 though.

On a related note, If you press Alt+C and you see nothing, you need to go to "My Computer", (Keep in mind I'm going to give Win2k Directions - NT and Windows 9x are different), "Tools", "Folder Options", "View", then you'll want to have "Show Hidden Files and Folders" selected, you'll want to uncheck, "hide file extentions for known file types" and uncheck "Hide Protected Operating SYstem Files". That should enable viewing of C-Hooks.

------------------

James Meyette

elad dont feel bad i use 8.1.1 to and i dont have it in there either.

so i took it out of my 8.0 dir then i made it into a "exe" file and put it up for any one that cant find it.

now we all have it.

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcadcam.com

[This message has been edited by cadcam (edited 05-25-2001).]