Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

IKE PROCESSOR HELP

Hello, 

I feel like I am missing something when posting through my new fanuc IKE processor, either in setting up my planes for it to pull data from or in setting up my control deff.

I am working on a 4 axis vertical with A axis as the rotary. When I set a separate tool plane relative to top wcs it will give me a g52 ahead of moving into position to take that cut but if I'm working on a back facing plane the z and y are output backwards. I believe it has something to do with the fact that i can't change wcs bottom and back to have the x axis in the right direction relative to my axis of rotation.

I can get it to give me the right g52 shifts if I change the wcs in the operation to a plane facing the correct direction but then it will omit the A axis move when posting. 

i hope that wasn't a mess and someone can help.

thanks!

38 minutes ago, BIGDRUMOFFICIAL said:

Hello, 

I feel like I am missing something when posting through my new fanuc IKE processor, either in setting up my planes for it to pull data from or in setting up my control deff.

I am working on a 4 axis vertical with A axis as the rotary. When I set a separate tool plane relative to top wcs it will give me a g52 ahead of moving into position to take that cut but if I'm working on a back facing plane the z and y are output backwards. I believe it has something to do with the fact that i can't change wcs bottom and back to have the x axis in the right direction relative to my axis of rotation.

I can get it to give me the right g52 shifts if I change the wcs in the operation to a plane facing the correct direction but then it will omit the A axis move when posting. 

thanks!

Well it could be the way you're defining the planes in the operation creating this issue and not the post. If you are using all the same planes in each of those different operations then I would expect to see what you're seeing when trying to go to a new position. If you have one base plane for all the operations and then different C-T planes and still seeing it then you need to go back to the original post company that supplied you with the post and have them address it. Sorry unless you provide company name and verifiable information you're a legal user we can only assume like thousands over the years of people trying to go about things less than legally that is the same for you. Sorry wish it wasn't that way, but if you provide a Z2G of a sample where you see this then someone can verify real quick if your legit or not.

• Thanks 1
On 4/23/2021 at 4:20 PM, crazy^millman said:

Well it could be the way you're defining the planes in the operation creating this issue and not the post. If you are using all the same planes in each of those different operations then I would expect to see what you're seeing when trying to go to a new position. If you have one base plane for all the operations and then different C-T planes and still seeing it then you need to go back to the original post company that supplied you with the post and have them address it. Sorry unless you provide company name and verifiable information you're a legal user we can only assume like thousands over the years of people trying to go about things less than legally that is the same for you. Sorry wish it wasn't that way, but if you provide a Z2G of a sample where you see this then someone can verify real quick if your legit or not.

I don't know how to do what  you are asking? my shop (big drum) has 3 legit mastercam lisences through inhouse solutions.

I do have my WCS plane set to 1 plane in all operations which is the center of rotation of a tomb stone, the other operations are all on the part modeled in position on the tomb stone.

I can certainly provide a zip to go. find it attached

EMCAMTROUBLESHOOT.ZIP

51 minutes ago, BIGDRUMOFFICIAL said:

I don't know how to do what  you are asking? my shop (big drum) has 3 legit mastercam lisences through inhouse solutions.

I do have my WCS plane set to 1 plane in all operations which is the center of rotation of a tomb stone, the other operations are all on the part modeled in position on the tomb stone.

I can certainly provide a zip to go. find it attached

EMCAMTROUBLESHOOT.ZIP

Thank you that proves you a legal user and sorry to have to ask.

Your Planes are not setup correctly as I suspected in the machining operations. The T and C plane should always be the same in index work. Who taught you to use a Different T Plane to C Plane? What was their reasoning for using that method?

On 4/23/2021 at 3:36 PM, BIGDRUMOFFICIAL said:

Hello, 

thanks!

Your issue is simply with the way the "Bottom Plane" is defined in Mastercam. It isn't "you"; it is "they way the system was designed".

1. Set your Planes (WCS/Tplane/Cplane), to "Top". (Use the [=] button in Planes Manager.)
  2. In the Planes Toolbar (row of buttons), click the [Down Arrow] Button, next to the [+] button. From the drop-down menu, choose 'Dynamic'.
  3. A 'Dynamic Plane' Gnomon will appear. Press the letter "O" on your keyboard, and the Gnomon will "snap" to the origin.
  4. Select any part of the 'three radial segments', between Z&Y. (Rotate "about X".)
  5. When you click on the Radial segment, it will put the Gnomon into 'rotation' mode. You will see "hash marks" every 5 degrees. Rotate the plane around, until the Z-Axis is 180 degrees out, from where you started. (You can use the 'angle hash marks' to 'lock into a specific rotation'. (Or you can start 'typing' the angle amount, and a little 'angle entry box' will pop-up. Enter 180, and press "Enter" twice.)
  6. Name the Plane to "A180 - Bottom", or something that helps you keep track of this specific plane.

That's it. Once you've created a "new Plane, rotated 180-degrees", about the X-Axis, use it in your programming, and the plane will "maintain the correct Axis-of-Rotation", with all of your other planes.

Note: You must also perform this same process, using 270-Degrees, for the "A270. - Back" Plane.

Both A180. & A270. Planes must be "built" to match the Top Plane.

Fun Fact: the way the Planes were initially built; Mastercam was designed to support "Horizontal Milling Machines", out-of-the-box, by using Front | Right | Back | Left planes > giving you B0, B90, B180, B270.

So for "Bottom and Back" planes, you've got to create new ones, which have the X+ direction going the correct way.

NOTE:

One of the things I do when setting up a new Post Processor, is to create a "Template File" for Mastercam. For a Vertical Machine, I will create an "Top - WCS - A0." Plane. Then I will create "A0.", "A45.", "A90.", "A135.", Etc., all the way through A315. (Basically, 8 planes, every 45 degrees.)

This gets saved as a "template file", with read-only file properties.

I do the same thing with a Horizontal machine, however, the starting point is the "Front Plane". I rotate the Front Plane, about the Plane's Y-Axis, every 45 degrees.

2 minutes ago, BIGDRUMOFFICIAL said:

so you're saying that it just has to be 100% programmed off the centerline?

You've got to start with "correct plane definitions", no matter if you are programming a Vertical or a Horizontal machine. For a Vertical Machine, you've got to create new planes for 'Back', and 'Bottom'.

Just now, Colin Gilchrist said:

NOTE:

One of the things I do when setting up a new Post Processor, is to create a "Template File" for Mastercam. For a Vertical Machine, I will create an "Top - WCS - A0." Plane. Then I will create "A0.", "A45.", "A90.", "A135.", Etc., all the way through A315. (Basically, 8 planes, every 45 degrees.)

This gets saved as a "template file", with read-only file properties.

I do the same thing with a Horizontal machine, however, the starting point is the "Front Plane". I rotate the Front Plane, about the Plane's Y-Axis, every 45 degrees.

You've got to start with "correct plane definitions", no matter if you are programming a Vertical or a Horizontal machine. For a Vertical Machine, you've got to create new planes for 'Back', and 'Bottom'.

Okay cool, the template program is a smart idea. I beleive that was the direction i was headed with this.

when you are programming like that is Z zero always the rotary centerline at all time? this is what I'm trying to avoid by creating planes at the top of stock of whatever face of the workpiece I'm working on. 

3 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Thank you that proves you a legal user and sorry to have to ask.

Your Planes are not setup correctly as I suspected in the machining operations. The T and C plane should always be the same in index work. Who taught you to use a Different T Plane to C Plane? What was their reasoning for using that method?

I was taught that wcs needs to be the same for all operation and then tool plane and construction needs to be the z orientaion of the part at that index, this is how inhouse solutions showed me. for example wcs: top tp: top cp: top and wcs: top tp: front cp: front should output a 90degree index. what im trying to do is get top of stock to be Z zero at those orientations.

are you saying that Z zero should always be the centerline of rotation no matter what? 

38 minutes ago, BIGDRUMOFFICIAL said:

I was taught that wcs needs to be the same for all operation and then tool plane and construction needs to be the z orientaion of the part at that index, this is how inhouse solutions showed me. for example wcs: top tp: top cp: top and wcs: top tp: front cp: front should output a 90degree index. what im trying to do is get top of stock to be Z zero at those orientations.

are you saying that Z zero should always be the centerline of rotation no matter what? 

Go back and review the file and look closely at your C and T planes in your 2 operations in question they do not match.

I haven't said anything about where you Z should be. Colin is helping you on that front so review what he is telling you and it will sort out your issues. 

Just now, crazy^millman said:

Go back and review the file and look closely at your C and T planes in your 2 operations in question they do not match.

I haven't said anything about where you Z should be. Colin is helping you on that front so review what he is telling you and it will sort out your issues. 

After making this change and adjusting planes to something like colin suggested im still having the G52 shifts either be correct with no A axis output or the correct A axis output with the y and z axis flipped.

thanks for your help, perhaps something is being lost in the translation on my end.

45 minutes ago, BIGDRUMOFFICIAL said:

I do want the g52 but its just posting the y axis and z axis flipped when it indexes. 

Then you need to work with In-House and have them get it dialed into what you need on your machine.  Chris knows what he doing and I know he should be able to help get your issues sorted out.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Looking at your part file I believe the coordinates are coming out correct based on the way the planes are currently setup.  My recommendation is that you reach out to our inside tech support and ask for assistance.  They can log onto your computer and work with you to get the result you desire.  If they need assistance they can reach out to the post team to clarify or ask post related questions.  I believe this is an issue with the way your planes are setup but it can be difficult to determine exactly what is needed though a few lines of text on here.  I'm just not 100% sure exactly what you are looking for to be able to assist you on here.  Talking to someone and having them teach/show you what needs to happen might be the best course of action here.  

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Chris In-House Solutions said:

Looking at your part file I believe the coordinates are coming out correct based on the way the planes are currently setup.  My recommendation is that you reach out to our inside tech support and ask for assistance.  They can log onto your computer and work with you to get the result you desire.  If they need assistance they can reach out to the post team to clarify or ask post related questions.  I believe this is an issue with the way your planes are setup but it can be difficult to determine exactly what is needed though a few lines of text on here.  I'm just not 100% sure exactly what you are looking for to be able to assist you on here.  Talking to someone and having them teach/show you what needs to happen might be the best course of action here.  

I was thinking the same thing Chris. Perfect answer and solution.

• Like 1