Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Deleting chains

Is there a way to delete multiple chains at a time? Some times I need to restart a program in the middle (usually because the machine has errored out for some reason or someone hits the e stop by accident. I usually open the chain manager and delete all the chains that are finished and re-post. But I can only delete one at a time and it takes forever to regenerate after each one. If there aren't alot of chains I'll just re-chain all and start over but often there can be hundreds and it takes forever. Using X8 router

Thanks 

11 hours ago, jonathan joseph said:

I would have thought the same, like in any Windows program but it doesn't work in Mastercam for me. 

I opened X8, drew five rectangles and chained them in a single contour op.  I then went to the Geometry section in the Toolpath Manager which pops up the Chain Manager window, and used the CTRL key on the keyboard to select two of those chain. The small square chain icons went darker in colour than the three remaining chain icons.  When I pressed the Delete key on the keyboard, the two chains disappeared from the list.

So using the Control key method works for me, not sure why it wouldn't work at your end, sorry.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2021 at 7:18 AM, Rich Thomas 4D Engineering said:

I opened X8, drew five rectangles and chained them in a single contour op.  I then went to the Geometry section in the Toolpath Manager which pops up the Chain Manager window, and used the CTRL key on the keyboard to select two of those chain. The small square chain icons went darker in colour than the three remaining chain icons.  When I pressed the Delete key on the keyboard, the two chains disappeared from the list.

So using the Control key method works for me, not sure why it wouldn't work at your end, sorry.

Humm, maybe its the computer I'm using. Don't know why that would be. I'll try on a different one.