Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Where did it go? Project Curve, Run tool "At User Given Point"

Corey Hampshire

Hey guys, I am running 2022 and more or less upgrading from 2019. Anyways, I was doing a multi-axis project curve tool path and noticed this drop down box and option has been moved off the Tool Axis Control Page. Does anyone know where Mastercam moved it to? The weird thing is, if I import an op that has it from 2019, it comes in in the same location it has always been. If you start a new operation it isn't there.1040033370_RunToolAtDistance.thumb.png.1cfb6450e695911a95ad7d3c9ce1a5a1.png 

Thanks Aaron. This was on a co-workers pc so I will try and replicate that on mine. If so I will send it in. Like I said, the weird part is if we import an op where it was set at auto, the box isn't there. If we import an op where it was set to "Run at user given point" it does show up. We go back and forth shifting the cutter from auto to a front shift we know works (circular interpolating a pin on a crankshaft), so in one op it will be there and the next it wont. It's an odd duck to say the least, but hey, making crankshafts is like that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Corey Hampshire said:

Thanks Aaron. This was on a co-workers pc so I will try and replicate that on mine. If so I will send it in. Like I said, the weird part is if we import an op where it was set at auto, the box isn't there. If we import an op where it was set to "Run at user given point" it does show up. We go back and forth shifting the cutter from auto to a front shift we know works (circular interpolating a pin on a crankshaft), so in one op it will be there and the next it wont. It's an odd duck to say the least, but hey, making crankshafts is like that. 

I'd recommend throwing their PC out the window.   It probably won't solve anything, but the crunch is very satisfying :)

• Haha 4