Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Transform Rotate with sub programs

I'm trying to use 2 transform rotate operations to keep my program length short. The machine I'm working on has low memory and I have 70 slots that I'm doing a trochodial toolpath to rough out in inconel.

I'm using a 2D dynamic peel mill operation and then I do a transform rotate operation and rotate the original toolpath by 5.143 deg and repeat for 7 slots. Then I have a tool inspection stop and then I do another transform rotate operation and rotate the first transform rotate and the manual tool inspection 10 times across 360 degrees.

This allows me to make a sub program to do 1 slot and then do a G68 and rotate over to the next slot and call it again.

The issue I'm having is that I need the G68 "R" number to be an absolute number and the post is setup for an incremental number. I was able to remove the G91 call but I am struggling with getting the "R" to come out as an absolute number incrementally larger as mastercam runs the transform rotate all the way around the part.

The screenshot of mastercam shows the operations I'm doing and you can see in the screenshot of the program, the "R" value repeats each time and I need it to get larger.

I saw a couple posts on here similar to this but couldn't find the answer so I am making a new post.

image_2021-09-09_150648.png

image_2021-09-09_150700.png