Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2021 toolbar and menus disappeared

Good morning. I am new to this forum. I have a m2021 and every time I open my designs I get nothing… it is annoying I remembering this issue with previous versions. Any ideas how to fix this issue (reinstalled it twice) previous version solutions were to removed the .workspace file and mastercam would generate a new one.. this version apparently doesn’t have that option.. any help would be appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 1:26 PM, JonV said:

Are you saying that the .workspace file is there?  I am sure is a simple fix , but I can’t find that file… mastercam why do you move things around if you are creating more bugs ….

I believe this is a problem between the seat and the keyboard :no

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 12/13/2021 at 4:26 PM, JonV said:

Are you saying that the .workspace file is there?  I am sure is a simple fix , but I can’t find that file… mastercam why do you move things around if you are creating more bugs ….

IS your company running "One Drive"???

This will map your ".workspace" file to this online location. Don't blame Mastercam > Blame your IT Department and Microsoft. 

C:\Users\<your-user-name-here>\OneDrive - <Company/Domain-Name>\Documents\My Mastercam 2022\Mastercam\CONFIG

This is where my individual "CONFIG" folder is located. 

This has these three files > 

1. Mastercam.Workspace
  2. mcamx.config
  3. mcamxm.config

Those are the "Workspace" Files and "Configuration" files (one for Inch, one for Metric)

Make a copy of these files (somewhere else), and delete them from your "CONFIG" folder.

Launch Mastercam like normal. (Double-click the icon)

Wait for what seems like a couple extra minutes, for Mastercam to boot, realize the Config/Workspace Files are Missing, regenerate a fresh set of "default" config/workspace files, and then "reboot the system with the newly created defaults files".

Mastercam should come up after a couple minutes. I will then typically "shut Mastercam down" once more, and do a "Fresh launch" by double-clicking the Mastercam program icon. Mastercam should now "boot at normal speed" and launch with these rebuilt files.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1