Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

View only version of standalone tool manager

ThisGuy

Good morning people,

So I've been wondering if there is a possibility to install a view only version of the standalone tool manager.

It would make life a lot easier for operators since they would be able to check detailed information about the tools and holders. 

I just don't really feel comfortable letting everyone dig around while able to make (accidental) changes. That's a catastrophy waiting to happen..

Best bet is to use a file synchronization program (in the past i used SyncToy).

You're PC will be the master and create at a fixed time of the day a backup on the network. At the operators PC, at startup a clean version of the backup will be placed in a local folder, from which the standalone tool manager can be opened. If they alter the database, the next day the database is then restored. The operator can never alter you're own database.

Only downside is, that the database is at most a day old (for new programs this can be a problem).

• Like 1

@JParis I've been thinking about this, realization came when all licences were occupied. They could even have a look at how the program is build, that would save me time making a presentation of the simulation.

@Werktuigbouwer Not a bad idea at all! 

@AHarrison1 I like the simplicity, should have thought about that 🤦

Our cam supplier suggested to have people install a HLE version, but since everyone would have to regístrate that could be a but of a ordeal. Once again, the forum proves to be more helpful than the service we pay for 😆