Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

VTL-C Axis Milling with Mastercam.

Sam1

Hello all

I am trying to program VTL (DOOSAN_VTR 1216M). Turning is fine, I am having issues with milling with C- Axis, at face of part. I am trying to use helix bore. Does anyone has tutorial videos, with similar Mastercam set up, or programming examples ?. I can attach file if need.

Thank you

14 hours ago, Sam1 said:

Hello all

I am trying to program VTL (DOOSAN_VTR 1216M). Turning is fine, I am having issues with milling with C- Axis, at face of part. I am trying to use helix bore. Does anyone has tutorial videos, with similar Mastercam set up, or programming examples ?. I can attach file if need.

Thank you

Sam, please attach the file. I would need to see if the post has been setup like a traditional Horizontal Lathe which works with no problems or as the VTL. Normally you can achieve this with TOP/Right on either, but would need to see how everything is configured to give the best help.

Have a good day.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Sam1 said:

Hello Ron 

Thanks for help, I got your file. I am attaching file, if you can please check.

T1.mcam

Sam, make sure on the Rotary Axis Control page for Rotation Type to check C Axis. The post converted it to C axis since you were on Center, but if you get off center using this switch will help. Everything else looked correct. When you start defining your 3D Lathe Tool pay close attention to the spindle direction when posted.

image.png.9fb78bc68b0e6f4f1934749365b21799.png

• Like 1