Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

tool path errors

Robert Ouellette

hello all

i am having problems posting an old program made in V7. we are a waterjet company so it is not a complex program just lots and lots of itti bitti parts nested together. It is the canadian coat of arms. and the problem i am having is when i repost in V8 it is cutting little tiny cicles on the tool path that are not supposed to be there. when i look at the output code i dont see any thing wrong. and when i look at the chain in v8 nothing wrong either. i just upgraded the computer and i have not reinstalled V7 yet, so i can not try reposting from there.i did not make the original program. it was made more than 3 yrs ago. my boss would really like this fixed. so far what i have had to do is redraw each part that is corrupt. and like i said they are itti bitti little parts and hundreds of them too. and more than half are bad. i am hoping some one here can help. I can post the file on the ftp tomorrow evening if that could help. forgot to bring it home with me tonight. do not have highspeed at work frown.gif .

TIA

BOB

HYDROTECH CUTTING

i am not using lead in- lead out. i am not sure how we updated the post. i was not with the company when they changed from V7 to V8. as far as i know it is the same post not updated. because when i started there in january the old computer i had had both versions on it and i used the same post for them. How do i update the post? it is a very simple post only xy outputs and water on off. no z or canned cycles

Bob

HYDROTECH CUTTING

If you like Peter while you are in town you could stop by and i could show you what happens. so far i have only had the problem on this one file. but it is a repeat job fairly often but not often enough to start over from scratch. could be a hundred hours or more to restart from original eps file.

BOB

HYDROTECH CUTTING

Bob,

If you can still get to the old computer then go into the mill8 dir and get the mill.cfg file.

Also I'm thinking that your chain tolerance may have something to do with it.

To check that:

main menu-toolpaths-contour-chain-options-(at bottom set chain tolerance to .005 instead of .0001)-ok-pick chain and see what happens.

HTH