Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DNC revisited

mastercams communications will allow DNC. I have DNCed or the other name drip feed with it sense version 3.

And have been able to control the normal feeds and speed controls on the machines.

But the Cimco stuff I am not sure what advantage is except to be able to adjust the program right out of the editor then send right there.

Because it runs inside of mastercam its not like Predator editor that will DNC and can be used inside of mastercam.

The difference is that I can go back to mastercam and program and it will not affect the DNC part because it is a separate entity.

And I will not need to open another mastercam to continue working.

And the Predator editor is my mastercam default editor, when I post it open the Predator editor and I can send from there or even back plot the centerline of the Gcode in 3D space.

Well I think I have gone on to fare, was not trying to be a salesman just giving some thought here.

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcadcam.com

[This message has been edited by cadcam (edited 05-28-2001).]

Cadcam,

#1 do you send programs to the machine just like you download them into memory, or are there other parameters set?

#2 - do you set the parameters in the communications boxes different? (stop bits, etc.)

#3 - do the parameters in the CONTROLER have to be altered?

#4 - Can you give me a step by step of how this is done?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike R.

Every time that I have drip feed from mastercam I set up DNC from the machine and send from mastercam like I was loading to the memory.

Mastercam with keep the connection until the machine closes the door.

You will see the program loading like always except when the free memory space that is open in the machine is full like a buffer then you will see the down load on the screen stop for a moment.

Then you will see it start feeding a page at a time as it uses the code up in the buffer.

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcadcam.com

Hi Michael

The Cimcoedit is a true Dnc editor with dripfeed. The only limit is, that can only dripfeed one machine at the time, this is the "lite" part of it. The editor can run in the backgound while your are working in Mastercam or any other program, just hit Alt+TAB and switch between your applications. Or you can create a shortcut to mcam8xcommoneditorsceditcimcoedit.exe, then you have a stand alone editor.

You can make feedrate override and stop at the machine, just remember to set the communication to "Software handshake" in Transmission-DNCsetup-Setup-flowcontrol. There is a online help where you might choose DNC-settings and this will guide you through the dncsetup. But if you got any problems, send a mail.

Best Regards

Claus Terp

Cimco

On owr om control to set it up for drip feed you need to put the control im the memory mode then press the DNC button. The screen will turn blank, press the single block button, then the cycle start. You should get a LSK flashing in the right lower corner, just like you would if you was ready to recieve, got to mastercam and start sending then the LSK will turn to input press the cycle start and step the program though when it looks safe turn single block off and your off and running

GOOD LUCK!

Ken,

Here is what I am currently running on CimcoDNC for Fadal.

2 stop bits, even parity, 7databits and 9600baud. Software flow control. enable "dtr"

enable "rts". It took me a couple of hrs setting up the cable because I forgot to ground to the chassis on the rs-232 box. try that!

• 5 years later...
Here is what I am currently running on CimcoDNC for Fadal.

2 stop bits, even parity, 7databits and 9600baud. Software flow control.

enable "dtr"

enable "rts".

It took me a couple of hrs setting up the cable because I forgot to ground to the chassis on the rs-232 box.

This is what I was looking for, along with the above discussion.